BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

~*~Happy Birthday to me~*~

So, here i am, today is the anniversary of the day i was born~*~37 years ago, in a small town in New Mexico~*~My journey thus far has been full of twists and turns and bumps in the road, and rainbows and pirates and friends and lovers~*~I was born to an 18 year old girl, who got married when i came into being, and was followed by 2 sisters within the next 6 years~*~
Growing up, i was sent to Catholic school, where i learned about the saints and the blood of Christ, but mostly, i was introduced to the Virgin Mother, who to me was a Goddess~
I come from a hispanic background, so the most common manifestation of mary is Our Lady of Guadalupe, who appeared to Juan Diego in Guadalupe Mexico in the 1400's.
I've had many jobs, and taken many classes, but love the best to create beautiful, wearable art, and meet new and amazing people~*~
I've been told that i have an "old soul", which makes sense to me, being that so many previous time periods resonate with me~*~One of the reasons for creating this blog was to write about some of the women throughout history that touch me for one reason or another.
I'm currently writting the first post of which i hope will be many about these lovely ladies~*~
My hopes for the upcoming year, are to be able to create more beautiful things, spend time with my hubby and 3 boys, do a little traveling, and make time to enter blog posts about once a week at least, to introduce you to the ladies that i've named Petticoat Cabaret".

0 comments: